February 2019 - Present
- Worked with non-profit organizations to create modern and responsive websites using React, Preact, and HTML markup with advanced SASS and CSS styling techniques.
- Implemented testing using Cypress.io for end to end testing.
- Fixed issues with accessibility.
Front End Web Development Intern
November 2018 - December 2018
- Refactored an existing production JAMstack code base.
- Fetched data from APIs, such as Contentful using GraphQL queries.
- Used Gatsby and React Portals to create reusable components.
- Created dynamic visualizations from user data.
Digital Effects Artist
October 2016 - August 2017
- Used compositing techniques to fix rendering issues and added effects to compliment story telling.
Stereoscopic Image Finaling Lead / Surfacing Artist
July 2008 - February 2015
- Worked on over 30 motion pictures.
- Used compositing techniques, 3D projection, digital paint, and articulated rotoscope to fix rendering errors and add polish to shots.
- Created, documented, and maintained several Python scripts and Linux tutorials.
Full Stack Web Development
2018 - 2019
- In person 17 week accelerated frontend and backend web development course.
- Created over 30 web applications in several frameworks.
Academy of Art University
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Effects
2002 - 2007
- Curriculum included compositing, matte painting, particles, MEL scripting, editing, match moving, modeling, and animation.
Mentor with Mentor Me
2017 - Present
United States Marine Corps Veteran
2000 - 2008